Build confidence and the willingness to take on new challenges!
Did you know that behavior issues are often due to anxiety?
- Does your child fear new things, new people, or new experiences?
- Do they resist going to school?
- Does they overreact to seemingly simple things? This is often due to anxiety.
We use games, pictures and play as therapy. We teach children calming techniques, but these alone do not usually lessen worry. Children need to retrain how they think.
Parents, you an integral part in helping your child’s anxiety. We will teach you what you can do.
Duration: 8 weeks. We will also hold 2 additional sessions for parents only.
Length: 45-60 minutes.
Fee includes one follow up individual consultation session
As part of this group you will receive ongoing support from a licensed occupational therapist who will be available to communicate by phone, text, and email to answer questions so you can carryover strategies at home and school.
*This group is for children who are elementary age. Children who are in 5th grade may be more appropriate for a middle school group. We encourage all parents to make a free Meet and Greet appointment.
**We are currently starting a waitlist for a group for middle school age children. Please email us at email@example.com if interested.
For elementary-age children
- Learn what to do when worry shows up
- Understand why we worry
- Learn ways to think flexibly, less “black and white”
- Learn problem solving techniques
- Parents learn ways to support their child with all goals and how to manage behaviors associated with worry
Schedule your Appointment Today!
Use our convenient online scheduler to see our group schedule, make an appointment, and register for groups.
Have a question or want more information? Please do not include private health information in our contact form or through email. See below for our secure messaging link.
1031 Pemberton Hill Rd, Suite 203
Apex, NC 27502
(919) 551-7485 (fax)